We have significant experience advising on corporation transactions in various industry sectors. Our wealth of experience gives us insights into the risks, value drivers and commercial priorities of clients in the various industry sectors in which we are active. Some of the industry sectors in which we have advised include:
- Agribusiness and Food Processing;
- Information Technology;
- Consumer Goods (FMCG);
- Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals;
- Manufacturing; and
- Financial Services.
Our clients in this practice area include private equity funds acquiring or disposing of portfolio assets, privately owned SME's and large family-owned businesses, as well as public listed companies. A significant part of our corporate transactions practice involves acting for clients in cross-border transactions.
Our corporate expertise includes:
Mergers and Acquisitions and Private Equity Transactions
- Conducting due diligence exercises and advising on risk mitigation/allocation measures;
- Advising on local ownership requirements under UAE law and appropriate shareholding and corporate management structures in view of the local ownership requirements;
- Drafting and negotiation of share and asset sale or purchase documentation and acquisition financing documentation, including both civil law-style documentation and English common law-style documentation; and
- Advising on competition/anti-trust and other regulatory clearances.
- Advising on various forms of joint ventures including traditional corporate joint ventures, unincorporated joint ventures, strategic alliances and other contractual joint ventures as well as partnership structures;
- Advising on structuring tax efficient joint venture structures and assisting clients in incorporating joint venture holding companies in various offshore and holding company;
- Covering jurisdictions such as the Cayman Islands, BVI, Jersey, Guernsey, Mauritius, Seychelles, Hong Kong, Singapore as well as in the UAE;
- Drafting and negotiating of shareholders agreements, joint venture agreements and partnering agreements of various types;
- Advising on joint venture control and management aspects, shareholder protection and related risk mitigation techniques;
- Advising on joint venture disputes, termination and exit arrangements.