The AC&H team includes specialist lawyers offering fund managers and fund investors a multidisciplinary approach. We have expertise in investment funds, including sharia’a compliant funds, bespoke carried interest and incentivisation schemes, managed accounts, international taxation, financial regulatory advice including authorisation and fund promotion and corporate and partnership matters.
Our team has advised clients in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Europe, the Middle East, Turkey and the United States.
Our expertise includes:
Investment Funds and Asset Management
- Advising fund managers on the tax and regulatory structuring and formation of onshore and offshore, open-ended and closed-ended investment funds, across a wide range of asset classes including private equity, venture capital, infrastructure, real estate, mezzanine, agriculture, hospitality, education, healthcare, telecoms, emerging markets, co-investment and permanent capital;
- The structuring of standard and bespoke carried interest schemes, phantom carried interest arrangements and employee incentivisation plans;
- Advising on the structuring and formation of sharia’a compliant funds and sharia’a compliant carried interest arrangements, liaising with sharia’a scholars and deal structuring for sharia’a compliant funds;
- Advising fund managers on their internal arrangements including spin-outs;
- Acting for institutional investors including development finance institutions and funds on their investments into private equity and other alternative investment funds, and on their co-investments with such funds; and
- The structuring and execution of special purpose investment vehicles such as segregated portfolio companies and cash management feeder vehicles for investment into certain GCC jurisdictions.
- Advising on the authorisation and regulation of fund managers, investment advisers, brokers and fund promoters;
- Advising international and local fund managers on the regulatory aspects of the marketing of foreign and domestic funds across the GCC and Europe; and
- Advising on a broad range of compliance issues relevant to funds, including corporate governance and investor disclosure obligations.
- Advising on the tax structuring of funds and underlying fund investments including holding company regimes;
- Advising on the tax efficient structuring of carried interest and employee incentivisation plans; and
- Advising on disputes with tax authorities.